Leading up to 2012, I am going to post my top 10 picks of the year 2011. It's going to be fun.
Emily and Andrew are brilliant, which also makes them scheming little squirts that plan every bit of their trouble-making escapades.
Andrew is, undoubtedly, our little goof ball. He enjoys hearing the sound of his voice echo in stores and outside (see #8) and has learned that the louder he sings, the more his voice echoes. He finds joy in jumping on and off furniture and me. His goofy grin always makes me melt.
Emily is the expert at talking her way out of trouble. She uses the logic of a teenager (and is equally incapable of recognizing the flaws in said logic). She has a wicked tongue that can spew things like "I don't like you," and "you're my favorite" in one sentence. Clearly, she is an active observer of the world around her. Despite her sass, a quality she must have inherited from me, she gives the best snuggles.
I find myself laughing every day at the antics of these kiddos. The following is a sampling of my favorite 2011 quotes.
10. "I don't like that!" -Andrew. No is overrated.
9. Me: "What are you doing up?" "I sleeping." -Andrew, laying down on his daddy's face with his eyes closed.
8. "LOTS AND LOTS OF FIERTUCKS [firetrucks]" -Andrew, in every store.
7. "Go downstairs, Mommy!" -Emily when getting into trouble.
6. "Daddy, I don't want to go to Azzouri [Missouri]!" -Emily, when driving across the country. I think she feared the humidity.
5. "I watch Mommy show." -Andrew, pointing to The Office. I've created an early addict.
4. "I didn't eat your chocolate, Mommy." -Emily with chocolate all over her face.
3. "I'm 21 and I drink beer!" -Emily, in the grocery store.
2. "Mommy, I don't need to go to bed, I be 18." -Emily, the master negotiator.
1. "Mommy, I don't like the monsters. They have penis noses." -Emily, referring to Sesame Street.
I think I lucked out with these two.
2 hours ago