The lovely Kate tagged me in this meme and I am thrilled to participate!
1. Post the rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself along with 11 random facts.
3. Answer the questions given to you in the tagger's post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag new people to answer them.
5. Visit the people you tagged to let them know.
[caption id="attachment_2071" align="aligncenter" width="2560" caption="My husband takes the worst pictures, seriously. But this is one of the only recent ones I have of myself."][/caption]
11 Random Things
1. I take a nap almost every day.
2. My birthday is this month. Next week, actually. I will be turning 25. Twenty-five. It's taken my husband 6 months to convince me of this because, for whatever reason, I am convinced I am 23.
3. I love being pregnant and I'm a cute pregnant lady. If I could skip the first, hellish, hyperemesis gravidarum-filled trimester I would have more kids.
4. I almost had a nervous breakdown when I was a freshman and sophomore in college. Like I should have been placed in a psychiatric unit. Luckily, my mom intervened and sent me to a therapist to work things out.
5. Ben and I will celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary this year yet I think that number does not accurately reflect how long we've been together - 9 years - or how much we have been through together.
6. Emily has a serious attitude and is incredibly stubborn. She is just like me.
7. I really like surprises and I guess that's why not finding out this baby's gender has been so easy for me.
8. As many of you know, I have fought ambivalence toward this pregnancy since the beginning. The ultrasound really changed that and I am starting to get really excited. I have even thought about names! (This makes Ben happy as he has been pushing me to think about names since the beginning.)
9. I didn't attend prom or any high school dance.
10. I am certified to teach Zumba but haven't actually taught any classes, probably because I went to the training when I was 10 or 12 weeks pregnant and, obviously, have not had much energy or time to do any thing.
1. Improvisation or by the book?
Personality-wise, I am definitely a rules person.
2. Dirt in you finger nails or gardening gloves? Or ugh, I'd never garden?
HA, "ugh, I'd never garden" pretty much describes me. It goes along with my preference for gloves.
3. What was your favorite age as a kid?
Eight. I remember it being such a magical age and I still think it is/was.
4. What's your favorite children's movie?
It's a tie between Finding Nemo and The Emperor's New Groove.
5. What would the perfect night out look like? Who would you go with? Where would you go?
My perfect night would include Ben and another couple. We'd find an awesome bar down town for dinner and drinks then go dancing. I love dancing.
6. Do you prefer the swings or a slide?
If size weren't an issue, I'd totally go for the slide.
7. What's the stangest pet you've had? Or touched?
My sister and I decided to adopt rats and took care of them for a few months until the girl had babies (yes, we stupidly bought a boy and a girl) and the boy died. As strange as it sounds, I really did love having those rats as pets. (We named them Jeff and Cindy.)
8. What movies you can watch again and again?
My whole library! Sense and Sensibility (the Emma Thompson version), The Interpreter, Signs, Lady In the Water, Batman Begins, Spanglish, and so many more.
9. What do you think of those markers that color only on special paper?
You know, I haven't had much experience with them. Markers, crayons, and all tools that might make marks on our walls are not allowed in our house. That's the difficulty in renting, I guess.
10. What's your favorite lullaby? (I need some new ones.)
I have two: Golden Slumbers from Baby Mine (all the songs on that album are awesome) and John Lennon's Beautiful, Darling Boy.
11. What do you love to do that might seem at odds with how your life looks?
This is a difficult question. I really love working even though I'm a stay-at-home mom right now. I love hiking despite my hatred of bugs, camping, and general outdoorsy stuff. I love rap, R&B, and soul despite, as my neighbors remind me, of my very white background (I think this shows how silly racial lines are in our country, lines created on all sides and across different ethnic backgrounds and races). I suppose that my life is full of inconsistencies.
1. If you could have gone into any profession (apart from being a mom), what would you have done?
2. What are some items on your bucket list?
3. Do you have a favorite color? What is it?
4. Did you read the Hunger Games? Have you seen the movie? What did you think? (I have selfish motives behind this question)
5. What places, foreign and local, have you visited? What were your favorites?
6. Did you attend college? Why or why not?
7. What are some things you are passionate about?
8. Do you read parenting books?
9. Any book/movie recommendations?
10. Serious or funny?
11. Preferred music genre?
Wolf at Daily Plate of Crazy
Kristen at Motherese
Cathy at All I Want to Say
JoAnna at A Star of Hope
Tiffany at Elastamom
Kristen at Enjoying Every Moment
The Undomestic Housewife
The Mommy Psychologist
and whoever else wants to play along! (Please do not feel obligated. Seriously.)
Also, next week is Five for Five. Join. You'll thank me.
2 hours ago